GET OUT, GET DIRTY, HAVE FUN, GIVE BACK
Volunteers are active in all aspects of Trail work, from basic maintenance to major projects, such as building bridges and kiosks and relocating sections of the trail.
Though Trail maintainers are perhaps the most visible, volunteers also participate in many other activities, from outreach to Trail management.
Ways Volunteers Can Participate:
- Adopt A Trail Program
- Become a trail maintainer, keeping the footpath clear and passable
- Work on signage, bridges, trailheads and other structures
- Maintain and monitor the trail corridor, making sure the land surrounding the footpath is clear and protected
- Monitor and remove invasive species
- Provide support and leadership to towns near the trail participating in the NRGTA thru trail system community
- Become active partners in trail management, participating in local, regional and trail-wide management efforts.
- Volunteer events held in every county
To learn more about getting involved with MSTA you can contact the trail maintenance manager at firstname.lastname@example.org